Nuffnang Latest!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Day At MAHA 2008

If it was not for the reason that my oldest sister and her family wanted to visit MAHA 2008, I won’t be there, even if I want too.

My sis and I constantly hooked on phone when she started to hit Jalan Duta. They reached my house at 12 midnight and ever since, I can’t help myself to shut my eyes off! (Hubby was already in his wonderland).

Early in the morning, hubby was ready for work, while me, accompanied my sis and her hubby with their 4 daughters to MAHA 2008. We had breakfast at Ekuin Park and reached at MAHA as early as 9am. Believe me we were among the early birds (MAHA 2008 starts at 10am).

Oh, no! The sky was gloomy and it started to…rain heavily! Luckily we brought 4 umbrellas to at least, cover our heads (yeah, we were wet from waist to bottom). It was heavy rain and we just reached the livestock site (the place where they exhibited different type of cows and goats! Owh, you just couldn’t stand these animals odor!). And you can’t imagine how to control 4 girls under the rain at a gigantic-open-space-event, with one of the girl having diarrhea and thrown up! Any sites that we visited MUST have ladies, to ease her to do that ‘thing’. Looking at my sis on how she handled this tedious situation, I can say that she such a superb mom!

The poor girl, at this point, too whitish, and we need to stop. Btw, MAHA 2008 did provide a good hop-in-hop-off, for there were plenty of trams and busses at each stop. We stopped at food bazaar for lunch and we had appetizing bee-hoon sup and char kuey teow. Yummy!

We continued our visit at deco-veges-land and there were loads of huge fruits hanging on top of our head. Some were lined up from top to bottom in small plastic pot, looking green and healthy. Capsicum, ladyfinger, eggplant, cauliflower, okra, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, chilly, oh god, you name it! I felt like taking all of these fresh veges home!

Then we off to fisheries site but nothing fancied us. It was all the same catfishes combating over the running water.

I started to make dull face when I heard my sis wanted to stay till evening. They wanted to stay for Redeo Malaysia. It was getting hot now and to kill the time, we headed to main halls that exhibited different products from different line of agro. Thank god it fully equipped with air-conditioned! I bought nothing than Ramli beef nuggets for hubby. But when I off to the next hall, I was stunned in front of thousand of colorful orchids! Thinking of how to bring all these striking orchids back with good condition, I had to pass. (My sis and I even soothed ourselves when we saw one makcik broke her violet orchid on the tram…tak sampai rumah mesti dah mati pokok tu…).

Ok, it was the time for Redeo Malaysia! We were happily on foot, waited for tram…and purposely waited for open-air-tractor-typed of tram (takut my niece throw up lagi). It seemed like ages to reach the Rodeo site, as we can’t wait to watch Malaysian cowboys! We were late for 10 minutes and didn’t manage to get closer view of the arena. We had to balance ourselves to stand on the flag pole side and 'shooh' the flag away from our view. Hehe!

What? There were Aussies! (Ok, nevertheless, I did expect that, but I was hoping there were truly Malaysian doing this horseback riding or bullback riding when they put Rodeo MALAYSIA in word!). These Aussies even flagged Malaysian flag during opening, not Malaysian.

Fine, yeeeeha! Fully equipped with cowboy hats and boots (with spurs), jeans, bandanna and chaps, carrying lariat, they were truly jackaroos and stockmen. They knew how to ride horse, doing roundups, and even wrestle with bull. Above all, one of the jackaroo did injure his left hand when the bull snagged him to the gateway while he still tied to the rope. Advantageously, they had these 2 clowns who their job was to distract the bull away from the rider. Anyway, no serious injuries as seen on tv. Besides, there was also a competition of tackling cattle as well as trick roping (it produced pop sound whenever they smacked it on the ground, or even in the air).

Enough with Rodeo, we queued for tram to go to the main exit, where at the end of the day, we found out that it was just a walk away from Rodeo site! Dang! A one-round-leisure-time-on-tram day for all of us.

And so we reached Ekuin Park at 6.30pm and I had no intention to cook for dinner in my 9-hours-sweaty-cloth. So we bought dinner and had it back at home. There goes my day with my sis and her family! Enjoy all pictures at sekupang album (sorry for the image quality, they were taken using my cameraphone...forgot to bring hubby's canon!)

No comments:

Subscribe To This Blog