Some info tech that you guys should know, how your blog is performing and what's behind it, for Pakcik Google said, web should be fast. Especially when your blog holds thousands of images (para travelholics la ni...)
This is what you can do.
1. Go to GTmetrix : http://gtmetrix.com/ and key in your blog url.
2. Wait for GTmetrix to fetch your site and analyze it.
3. Your blog header will then appear, and GTmetrix will generate a report.
4. Your blog rate is showed. See my blog performance? 85 seconds to load ONLY for the size of 1.2MB??? Failed to the max. Hahaha!
5. The report will show you the page speed and YSlow, that gives you loads of recommendation. See down there. These are the culprit behind my blog, particularly image dimensions and CSS. (Hate scripting.)
Time to revamp, AGAIN, my blog template, pages, sidebars, and what not. Having bad habit of keeping unused scripts (kot-kot nak guna balik), is a No-No now. I should, by now, choose a simpler template, colored background instead of image background, put less request, combine the pages, and strip off certain sidebars. (Padah suka test sana-sini. Dah la suka gothic style.)
Here are some blog samples that I have tried. You can see the difference between blogs that have simpler template vs interactive/image background. Basic knowledge. Pfftt!
P/S: I know that some description on the recommendations are bit IT-jargons, I could not somehow understand all of them, so, google it ya?