My third try on crab in tomato curry and each time gives me different result :)
Crab in Tomato Curry
1) 10 pieces of Crab (get female crab for eggs)
2) 1 cup of Cooking oil
3) Malay herbs (kayu manis, buah pelaga, bunga lawang, jintan putih, jintan manis, halba campur) and Curry leaf4) 1 pack of Coconut milk
5) 3 pieces of Tomato, 2 pieces of Onion, and 3 pieces of Garlic (some slice and some cube cut)
6) 2 packets of Curry powder (Baba's)
7) 1 cup of Tamarind juice and 2 bowls of Water
8) Salt and Sugar
*Note : Female crab is in brown color, while male crab is in blue color. Look at the shell and claws.
A) Separate shell with body and cut the body into half. Clean all parts and wash with tamarind.
B) Slice garlic and onion. Cut onion and tomato into four. Mix curry powder with warm water.
C) Stir-fry Malay herbs, onion and garlic (the sliced ones), and curry leaves for 2 minutes. Put in the curry powder and stir for 5 minutes, followed by a cup of tamarind juice. Put in all crabs and add 2 bowls of water. Leave for 20 minutes. Add tomato and onion (the cube ones), along with coconut milk. Leave for 10-15 minutes. Add salt and sugar as to your preference. (The softer the tomato, the better.)
Serve with rice or noodle or bihun. It is also best to be eaten on its own.