Nuffnang Latest!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Third Trimester : Shopping Galore

26 Dec 2013 (Week 26)
I felt quite normal and healthy, in 3rd trimester. Drugs were still on. From time to time we did travel back to hometown but I still limit myself for not overdoing things. Hubby advised me to start talking to the baby, for she can hear and recognize voices. Hubby also asked me to recite/listen to Quran and read religious book.

As usual, we went for monthly checkup and eagerly wanted to see the baby’s face. But I noticed that the baby didn’t actively move. Perhaps, she knew that we were going to the hospital and she might have hospital-phobia like her dad. After performed Zohor at the hospital, we went up and met my gynea. The first thing that she tried to scan was the face, and guess what, the baby quickly rolled over and showed her back! We can only see the spine! I had to convince the baby and softly told her to show her face. She then started to roll over BUT she was cuddling tight her two knees with face facing down! See how smart she is? So the scan result turned out to be wasted yet funny. Just her arm! Fine, I take it!

Oh ya, at this point of time, Alhamdulillah, my blood pressure and urine test were normal. The only thing that amazed me was my body weight, where for the first time in my life I reached 60kg! Anyhow, my gynea told me that it was still a perfect weight for my pregnancy. Thank God! But she insisted me to go for physiotherapy session since I told her that I had a massive back pain. This was due to a hairline crack at my tailbone that I got back in 2006. So I went down to the Ground Floor and went into the Rehab Area. Wow…I was registering myself in a rehab guys! Hahaha! *Singing Amy Whinehouse song* 

8 Jan 2014 (Week 28)
Hubby fetched me from office and drove to the hospital. We went to the Rehab Area and waited for the physiotherapist to come. While waiting, I received a phone call from my big boss, asking about work-related matters. After I dropped the line, a nurse came to get my heart rate reading. She wondered and asked, “Hmm…this is not normal.” She showed to me the result where there was high spike in reading. I quickly laugh and said “Owh, I just had an argument with my big boss…that must be the culprit.”

Few minutes later, the physiotherapist came with another patient, and ushered me to the gym. She questioned about my heart rate and advised me to turn off my phone, for I need to be in stress-free mode during the class. Great idea! I quickly turned it off while we entered a medium-sized gym. Neng Shahidah Sabullah, a popular Malay physiotherapist in Prince Court Medical Center, guided me on how to strengthen the muscle in order to support the cracked tailbone. There were few types of antenatal exercise, for instances lying position, crawling position, sitting position, and standing position. Each of it needed to be repeated 3 to 5 times. Cycling and bouncing were also included. 

But the best part was when I was given a bed and pillow, told to lie down, imagined something happy and one calm place, while Neng switched off the light and played instrumental music. I chose to imagine my Japan trip but then I stopped coz Japan involved train ride and super exhausted walking distance. I switched to my Boracay trip…hmmm…swimming and island hopping…but then I remembered the sea-snake that almost killed me! Ahhh sudah! Ok, I might just think of something else…but I can’t! So I slept. Hahaha!

The 2 hours session that cost me RM180 then continued in one private room where hubby was taught on how to massage my body, as and when I did my antenatal exercise at home later. I was lying on a warm pad placed on the bed, while hubby started massaging my neck, shoulder, back, waist, butt, hip, and feet. I tell you, it was heaven on earth! But massaging a pregnant woman isn’t the same as massaging non-pregnant woman. It must be done gently and softly, as the baby would feel the tense. So please refer to your physiotherapist before you wish to do so ya.

Neng then suggested for hydro class but I preferred a labor preparation instead, since we needed it more as a first-time parents. Neng told us that she conducted two types of classes that are in group and personal. The charges were only a slight different so we decided to register for a private lesson for two on 13 Mac 2014 (I will be 37 weeks by that time), where this class includes labor room visit and demo.

We went back and applied the exercise and massage religiously…for one week. Hahaha! Then we stopped. Pfft! We rather enjoyed the shopping where we went to two mother and baby expos at PWTC and MVEC Mid Valley, as well as Ikea and other hyper supermarkets and baby outlets. By this period of time, we had guts to buy all her things and kept praying to Allah that everything will be fine. InsyaAllah. I would like to share what and where we bought all our baby items, based on our budget. Here you go:

Mother and Baby Expo : Diapers and cloth diapers, cloths, wash clothes, receiving blankets, pants and leggings, mittens and booties, shoes, socks, bips, changing mat, drying racks, food containers, milk bottles, nursing pads, milk storages, ice packs, cooler bag, baby wipes, cloth and bottle detergents, head to toe wash, soft toys, nursing pillow.

Ikea : Baby cot, soft toys, blankets, towels, bath tub, sleeping lights, light timers, laundry basket.

Olie Changkat Jering, Perak : Customed-made cot mattress with 2 pillows, 2 bolsters, and 2 neck pillows.

Giant, Jusco, Watson : Bottle brush, mittens and booties, bath chair, diapers, cloth dryers, disposable panties, maternity pads.

Fabulousmom : Mosquito net, breast pump, tuam, diapers. Visit their page for more details. (Images from Fabulousmom.)

Others : Were given by my close friend and I bought myself when I was still single.
 

24 Jan 2014 (Week 30)
Knowing that our baby was having some kind of "nosocomephobia" (fear of hospital) where she won't move, both of us didn't mention at all about going to the hospital that week. We didn't even uttered a word "hospital" loudly. Guess what? It worked! She was moving actively in the womb, right from my office to my gynea's room! I quickly positioned myself on the bed and Doctor Seri quickly took her scanner and voila, we got to see our little precious face! With her hand on her cheek lah! She even yawn few times and I almost cried seeing her doing the move. Praise to Allah s.w.t. 

Did you guys know why it was easy to snap her face this time? It was due to the baby position! My gynea told us a surprise where the baby was in breech position. She was actually "sitting up" on my cervix and the head was at my diaphragm "facing in front". Nice position to snap her face but not a labor-ready-position. No wonder I felt unease down there. Hmm. Anyhow, my gynea told me that I still got time and the baby should be upside down by 36weeks onwards. Yeah, you SHOULD baby girl! 

Oh ya, guess what was my weight at this particular week? 64kg! I gained 4kg in just 4 weeks! It must be the heavy dinner that I had every night. Doctor Seri explained on the good and bad side of weight increment. It was actually "ok" to gain up to 20kg from my normal weight but not in a rapid time. In total, I have gained 11kg by far, and I only have another 9kg max to go. So I decided to cut carb for dinner! Now, I SHOULD!

15 Feb 2014 (Week 33)
This was the first time I set my monthly visit on Saturday, since too many days were taken from our office hours. By this time, the monthly checkup changed from once a month to 3 weeks once. My bump got bigger and rigid each day. I hardly bended and walked or even sat properly. My tailbone still in pain and I barely sleep on my back. The precious little thing in my womb was actively kicking from inside, showing her skills from any spot she liked. Hubby and I sometimes were amazed with the scene as my tummy was swaying left and right.

That morning, I wore rosy color while hubby wore red. We drove to PCMC and arrived on time but we were told that my gynea just got back from the labor room. Thus, we had to wait a bit longer since earlier patients will go in first. The waiting time was quite acceptable and we got in an hour and a half later. I stood on the bathing scale and to my surprise, I only gained 200gram from my last visit! Woohoo! My gynea, who loves pink, praised my outlook of the day, as well as my incremental weight. But she advised me to eat for the sake of baby's growth. Ok, I confused! Hahaha! She then performed the routine scan and told us that the baby was no longer on breech position. Good! Means, she is now upside down. I hope that she’ll remain in this position till delivery time.

As usual, my lil precious STILL didn’t want to give her mugshot! She was actively moved, and once, we saw her foot right next to her face. How did she do that? Hahaha! My gynea managed to snap one picture of her, smiling. Her looks now more to hubby’s face, I must say. Doctor Seri advised me to think positive, not to stress myself, to avoid early delivery. She told me that 39weeks to 40weeks are the best delivery time. For my case, the baby cannot be neither undercooked nor overly cooked. And I need, still, continue to take my daily drugs.


And by this time, I was having swollen feet due to edema, caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissue. This is quite normal for pregnant lady and it will increase/decrease over short period of time. In my case, it will swell as and when I walk too much. Now, I am officially shoeless...
 

7 Mac 2014 (Week 36)
We were so excited to see the growth of our baby girl. Drugs were still on as it was already part of my daily routine that I can't never live without. We went to PCMC but we were stuck in a bad traffic. I quickly Whatsapp Fiza, Doctor Seri's nurse, to inform her about it and luckily, she told us that Doctor Seri just went out for emergency C-Sect. Fiuh! So we arrived the hospital and waited at the waiting room.

While waiting, as usual, I had to go through the blood pressure and weight checking, as well as urine test. My heart was pounding every  single time I went onto the scale. I gained 4kg in the last visit, so I was super eager to know how many I gained this time. Thank God it was only 2kg! Hahaha! In total, I gained 13.2kg, which was still under the radar. 

Doctor Seri came after an hour later and greeted us once we entered her room. She was questioning why both of us looked tanned, so I told her we went for Rugby watching at MCKK that weekend. She was surprised that I still can walk that far and enjoyed outdoor activity but she advised me not to go far starting 37weeks onwards. Aye Aye Doc! She then scanned and not to our surprise, the baby won't show her face. Her left hand was covering her face that I had to talk to her to move over. She did for a while and my gynea able to capture it! Good girl! And guess what? We saw her eyes blinked! My gynea told me that she already in breech position but yet to engage. Her butt is currently on my left, while her feet and hands were on the right. No wonder I can see a huge movement as she was stretching herself most of the time.


By this time, I already prepared myself to be labor-ready. Mom and baby's bags already in the car. I could feel the total excitement now!

21 Mac 2014 (Week 38)
Nothing much but the baby weighted 3kg with a slight dropped of growth. My gynea told me that the baby's head was still 2/5 passing through the cervix and the baby can be delivered anytime from now. But, if until 40 weeks the baby still in my womb, I will be induced on Friday, 4th April 2014. I was given a week of MC and being advised to walk as much as I can, squat, and eat what I want. Scan photo? Huh...no use lah...her head already down there and she was facing the back.

Other related posts :
First Trimester : Vomit Chronicle. Click HERE.
Second Trimester : Blood Anatomy. Click HERE.  
Third Trimester : Shopping Galore. Click HERE
Labor Preparation Class. Click HERE.  

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Biq, i nk kasi suggestion supaya tilam itu ditukar kepada tilam yg flat, takde gemuk2 muscle2 dan lekuk2 begitu, demi keselamatan insan kecil yg bakal lahir tidak lama lagi..

I dulu pakai tilam ikea tu, dlm rm160+ je, flat dan tak lembut sgt..just nice la utk baby if dia tergolek/tertiarap, kirenya takde la muka dia stuck kt celah2 lekuk tilam.

Lavender said...

Muka beby tu comey la tp sy masih lg x dpt nk tgk clear my baby face.dia x nak tunjuk.malu.hehe..and i also dah shopping semua brg.. Excited! Take care ye. Dah dkt dah nak edd tu.moga semuanya dpermudahkan

Biqque said...

na, aritu laney ada gak cakap pasal tilam tu...tilam tu lekuknya tak dlm...i dah test pasang sarung and pelapik tebal tilam so mmg straight tilam tu. nnti i test kat baby...if worst come to worst i beli tilam lain :) dah tgk kat ikea tu...kalo beli lain, tilam ni kang i buat lapik2 dia duk kat bawah main2 ke kan...tx for the advise sifu!

lavender, Allah tu pun susah kena tipu senyap2 tak sebut nama spital hahaha...tu la, tak lama lagi ni...tak sabar! mintak semuanya dipermudahkan! :)

Lily Riani said...

i dok tunggu gambar2 yang dlm insta tuh. manaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

Biqque said...

lily, sabar ye, sabar peminat, jgn merusuh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...pasni2...

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm Judy! I have a question and I would love to speak with you more. Please email me when you get a chance, thank you! jcohen(at)recallcenter(dot)com

atun's said...

Ya Allah..Hebatnya ciptaan Yang Esa..1st time tgk scan yg npak mka baby..Alhamdulillah segalanyer berjln dgn lancar..smg d permudahkan semasa melahirkan nnti yerr..InsyaAllah..AMIN

Biqque said...

atun, tak sangka kan? tapi tatau la kuar nanti muka dia camne :) tak sabar plak rasanya. syukur sgt pada Allah.

~Beb~ said...

Xkenal. Xpnh bckp pon.tp rase happy sgt utk u..terharu tgk gmbrbrg2 bby.. Alhamdulilah.

Sammy said...

Hi...i read yr blog while searching infos bout dr seri.. Planning to see her too.. If u are okay to share it with me, may i know her delivery charge? Normal and c-sect, also charges for monthly check up...all those infos would be much appreciated..thank u :)

Biqque said...

beb, the power or cyberfriends kan? hehehe...

sammy, she always full sebab the only malay women doctor kat situ. i pun dapat dia 3 months after. harga dia varies, but c-sec dlm 8-11k, normal dlm 4-7k...monthly charges above 100 depends on type of treatment la :) but she's super nice and bubbly...i suka, rasa sonok everytime jumpa hehehe...

Subscribe To This Blog